Sunday, November 25, 2012

Debt Free :)

Well things are going absolutely fantastic!  Our latest and greatest goal has been met...we are DEBT FREE.  Late last year we took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class and it was literally awe-inspiring.  On January 16th of this year we decided to get serious about paying off Zach's student loans and our two car loans.  So in nine months and twenty three days we paid off $11,956.75, and it feels seriously amazing!  We had decided early in marriage that we would absolutely not bring a child into this world with debt, and we met our goal!  I am so proud of us. :)  It feels so nice to own a car that is still worth $10,000!  So enough bragging about that. ;-)

Onto the BABY, which we will be able to call a HE or SHE on Tuesday!  We are so excited, it is also our two year wedding anniversary, I can't believe we've been married that long!  It has FLOWN by! We have our ultra sound at 10a on Tuesday, then we're going to call our parents and siblings and text our closest friends, than go buy the baby's first outfit.  Yay!

I've been feeling great, I am now 19 weeks, almost halfway there!  We have our anatomy scan for the baby in one week as well, so we'll get to see little gummy two times in the next week. :)  I can't wait to get more pictures, hopefully it cooperates and we will easily be able to see if it's a boy or a girl.

Zach and I decorated for Christmas yesterday, we don't have a tree yet, but we're getting a real one this year and I'm so excited.  The first year we lived here we lived in the apartments so we could only have a fake one, lame and last year we were moving into this house on the 23rd, so we didn't get a tree.  So FINALLY, we were able to decorate for Christmas.  We get to go home on the 26th and I'm stoked.  We are also going to Lambeau to a Packers game in a couple weeks with Zach's parents. :)  Then the weekend after that we are going to Decorah to go to my family's Christmas with the crazy Smocks.  I love this time of year!

Hope everyone is doing as great as we are!

Until next time,
A

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a comment last night, then my phone deleted it. SO I'll re-write it now:) I'm so excited for you two! That must fill amazing!! I'm so glad you two made a goal and worked so hard to achieve it, what an inspiration. I'm also excited to see your baby updates:) You'll appreciate these pregnancy updates one of these days I'm sure! It's fun to look back. I'm SO excited for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete