We found out one week ago that we are having a bouncing, baby boy! We couldn't be more thrilled! Zach and I have called him a boy since day one, pretty much everyone said it was a girl, mainly because of his high heart rate...but I proved all the wive's tales wrong, lol. A few wives tales were, high heart rate= girl, breaking out with acne= girl (cause she's stealing your beauty;)), and I even peed in baking soda which the results proved girl. But with all that Zach and I still called him a boy and by his name since the very beginning. I was starting to think how bad I would feel if I had to tell our daughter that we called her a he for the first 20 weeks, lol.
We opted for an elective scan in town, where we pay out of pocket so we could find out on our anniversary. Best $50 ever spent! lol We got to the clinic, where my bladder was about to BURST and thankfully they said they didn't need a full bladder for a gender scan (praise Jesus!) lol, I was able to enjoy the ultra sound SO much more. When she first put the wand (?) on my belly, she said "it" was all curled up, and I thought, "oh no! move! please, so we can find out!" So she had me roll to my side to make "it" move. Zach and I were both awaiting anxiously, until she typed on the screen "I'm a boy!". We were both SPEECHLESS! And the tech says "Oh crap! Did you not want to know?! I didn't even look at your sheet, but you both went silent!" We were like, yeah we wanted to know, we're just speechless! lol It was amazing, I seriously couldn't even speak. She said she could tell right away that he was a boy even when he was curled up but she wanted to give us a better picture of his manly parts. ;)
We were only supposed to get to see him in 2D but she was awesome and showed us 3D too. It was amazing seeing his little ears, and toes, and nose and fingers, eeek it makes me so excited. He kept putting his hands over his face like, "no autographs, or flash photography, please" lol. We were also only supposed to get two ultra sound pictures printed but she printed us like 30! After the ultra sound, we went to the car and called our parents, Zach's grandma, and our siblings, then I texted a few close friends. :) We went to Zach's squadron and showed everyone there. Then we went to Babies R Us and picked up a couple outfits and finally got me a pregnancy pillow so I can hopefully make myself sleep on my left side...which is not going too great.
I've pretty much been on cloud nine since finding out. When I sit and think about raising a son, it overwhelms me with emotion. We get to teach him how to be a gentleman, and how to treat women, but we also get to see him just be a boy, and hopefully take up his father's hobbies like working on cars and hunting (even though I don't believe in it, lol). Any mood I'm in just thinking about him makes me so happy and giddy.
Yesterday we had his anatomy scan. It was pure torture, I had drank a crap load of water and when you have a bladder the size of a walnut like me, it seems like even more water. I couldn't even walk I had to pee so bad, and then he was bouncing the wand all over my belly, I honestly thought I was going to pee on the table! Everything looked great and he weighs 13oz, which the tech said is accurate within 2oz, so he could be 11oz or 15oz (in case you struggle with math ;-)). I haven't felt him move yet but I have a anterior placenta, meaning my planceta runs down the middle of my belly (I guess), so that could be why. Can't wait to feel him move!
Sorry if everyone is sick of my posts and statuses about him, and our new found excitement, but no one is forcing you to read. :) I want to document all of this excitement, and since I live so far away from everyone blogging and facebooking is the easiest way.
This weekend Zach and I are going to Green Bay to watch the Packers! I'm excited, but super sad to be leaving my fur babies. :(
Anyway, that's enough for now. Thanks for reading!
P.S. He has a name, we have just only shared it with close friends and family for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment