Hey!
Things have been busy around here! Hankling is doing great, turning into quite the little guy with sucha funny personality! I can't believe he will be 4 months on Friday! Only 8 more months to plan his first bday bash. ;) He's had quite a few Dr appts for numerous things, he has acid reflux, so he's on Zantac now.
He went to see a Cardiologist at children's hospital last week for a heart murmur his pediatrician detected. The Cardiologist did an ekg and ruled it an innocent heart murmur and isn't concerned at all.
Next week we are going back to children's to see a neurosurgeon for his head. His head is very flat in the back, and his Dr was very concerned and thinks his soft spots may have closed up too early, so off to the Dr we go! We are thinking a helmet may be in his future, which stinks but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! In the mean time, he's only allowed to be on his back while sleeping or in his car seat! This makes it kind of difficult since he can't sit up on his own and he only likes his bumbo and jumper for so long, so I basically hold him upright all day. I packed his swing away too since that would be considered being on his back.
I guess we can blame it on the fact that he's such a great sleeper (at night, during the day is a whole other story!), he goes to bed at 830, wakes around 5/6 for a bottle then goes back down until about 9. No complaints here! But I guess I should knock on wood. But anyway, he sleeps completely straight, like a board, so his poor head is totally flat in the back! We could use his body as a table to eat off of! Lol So just keep him in your prayers as we figure out what's going on with it.
He's completely perfect and I look at him everyday and can't believe God choose me to be his mom. I thank God for him every single night. He is my absolute love and joy. I feel so fortunate that I get to stay home with him everyday, I couldn't imagine leaving him! (You people with toddlers are thinking, "oh you just wait, you'll be so excited to get away from him in a couple years!") Lol but I love staying home with him!
Now if we could only get this baby to nap! Anyone have any advice?! I wouldn't complain about his napping, because I'm so happy with his nighttime sleep, but he gets so miserable during the day because he's so tired. I've tried everything! We do naps in the same place as bed time, in his crib, swaddled, with his sound machine, but he always gets up after like 30-40 minutes. I go in there and lure him back to sleep but that only works part of the time. Zach thought maybe it was a light issue so he put cardboard up in his Window (we're so classy!) But I'm scared he'll get used to only sleeping when it's completely dark, and I don't want that. He naps fora long time if I hold him but that's really not realistic. Any mommy friends have any input?
I think that's all for now! Time for bed!
Amber
No comments:
Post a Comment