Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas!

It's almost Christmas!  I'm so excited, I absolutely LOVE this time of year. :)  It's so crazy to think how this time next year we will have an adorable, handsome, awesome little boy running around taking all the ornaments off the tree and feeding the pups Christmas cookies.  I can't wait!

We were planning on going to Nebraska on Wednesday, however there is supposed to be bad weather, so now we're leaving on Tuesday.  I can't wait to see everyone and just spend some good quality time with them.  We will be there for almost a week and it will be great!

Things are going amazing lately, and I thank God everyday for all the awesome blessings in my life.  Zach and I FINALLY felt little man move for the first time a couple weeks ago.  It was the coolest thing ever.  He was at work when I felt it for the first time, he was going CRAZY in my belly.  I wanted Zach to feel it so bad, so I stayed in the exact same position for 45 minutes waiting for Zach to get home from work.  So as soon as he walked in the door, I started screaming for him and he came running up the stairs thinking something bad had happened (whoops lol).  But by that time little man had already stopped.  Bummer.  The next day, I was feeling it again, so I had Zach feel it and BAM, he got kicked in the hand.  Zach's face lit up, it was the cutest thing ever.  And ever since then I've been feeling him everyday, he loves to party at night time..typical newborn. ;)

This past Tuesday I had a bad stomach virus and ended up in the hospital.  I called my OB nurse to find out what I could take to feel better and she asked if I had been having stomach cramps and I said yes, and she was worried that from my vomiting I had become dehydrated and that my stomach cramps were actually contractions.  I was pretty sure I wasn't contracting, as the pain wasn't unbearable but she insisted we head to Labor & Delivery just to be sure.  So off we went, and we were there for about 4 hours while I was hooked up to a contraction machine and heart rate monitor, and I wasn't contracting, thank God!  And by the next day I was feeling 100x better.

As the holidays pass, remember to hold your loved ones tight and tell them how much they mean to you.  27 families won't be able to do that ever again in Newtown.  That tragedy breaks my heart every time I think about it, I just can't even fathom the pain they must be going through.  I pray for them daily and hope at some point they start to heal.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!  Safe travels if you're traveling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment